Saturday, June 7, 2014

Week 3 Delivery

Here are the items we received in our Week 3 delivery on Thursday:

This box is crazy-full, especially when you look at last week's delivery.

Vegetables
frisee swapped for more rhubarb - yay!
yellow chard
salanova lettuce (that cute round head of lettuce in the middle)
scallions
garlic scapes (the curly shoots at the bottom)
green kale
red leaf lettuce
strawberries (clearly not a vegetable - but we are NOT complaining!)

Chicken
1 whole heritage chicken


It's a good thing that by the time I usually write these delivery posts, we already have a meal plan in place for the coming week. It lets me post with a note of excitement, since the momentary panic of "Omigosh, what are we going to make with all this?!" is already behind me.

I'm looking forward to another week of trying new things: roasting a whole chicken for the first time ever (in an herb butter that I think is going to be awesome!), eating garlic scapes (which I previously didn't even know were a thing; the plan right now is pesto), and a new kale salad recipe to add to the arsenal. More to come after the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment