Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Week 10 Delivery

Hello Week 10! Here's the list of what we got in our latest CSA box:


Vegetables
ping tung long eggplant (it's so lovely)
all red potatoes (hiding under the beets, in a bag)
green zucchini
gold beets
purple carrots (I pulled one out of its bag for a visual - between the blackberries & tomatoes)
heirloom tomatoes (yellow!)
royal burgundy beans

Fruit
bag of peaches
bag of plums (YES - these are my favorite!)
half-pint of blackberries

Chicken
breasts
boneless/skinless thighs
drumsticks

The items that I've been the most excited about so far this week are the eggplant, plums, and tomatoes. AND, somewhat surprisingly, the carrots as well, thanks to a summery carrot soup recipe I came across online. It's a cold soup, so we cooked it last night, chilled it today, and it's in the plan for dinner tonight. Spoiler alert: purple carrots = purple soup. And I must not forget to mention that there is officially have zucchini coming out of our ears, so we've been eating plenty of that in all forms this week.

Once again, the beets fall on the "meh" end of the spectrum for me. And ... once again, they have not yet made it into our meal plan for Week 10. But Steve did help me at least remember to incorporate some chicken into our meals this week (because believe it or not I had a completed list of meals in hand that once again used no chicken, which I had to go back and revise). So that's something.

I have to say, I spend crazy amounts of time in the kitchen these days. Some days it's exhausting, and on others I am jumping up and down with excitement over what's on the stove top or coming out of the oven. Either way, there's more to come on what we've been up to this week in the land of summer vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment